Monday, September 22, 2008

Music Mashup!

http://www.music-mp3-downloads.us/

I found a mashup combining YouTube and Amazon, with even more details mixed in. The site, providing an online music store, gives you the album and all information about it, the music video, song lyrics, similar items listings, reviews, and even external links to other sites relevant to the music. Although the site looks like it has a ways to go before it's fully developed, I think it will be a great tool once it is.

Having all of this information in one place can be very helpful. When I hear a song on the radio, I usually Google the lyrics then have to go into iTunes to look for the song. With this site, it looks like I'll be able to do everything all in one place, which is very convenient.

It looks like it will be very easy to use. The search tool, though still somewhat undeveolped, is simple, and you can search by song or album.

One of the most important Web 2.0 ideas that fits into this (or at least I think so) is the idea of leaving reviews. It's important to know the response that the music has gotten already. If it's an album that was promoted a lot before it was released but turned out to be the worst album ever, you'll want to know that before you spend your money.

2 comments:

Caitlin V. said...

This seems like a really cool Mashup. The Web 2.0 sites combined really go together and are actually useful. I agree that it's nice to have all the information in one place. Good find!

ahartsell said...

That looks like a very interesting site. I agree the reviews can be really helpful. I always use the reviews in Amazon. It will be interesting to see if they can fully develop it to make it a really useful tool.